1968 Mercedes 280SL For Sale – GORGEOUS – 904 Midnight Blue w/ Parchment Interior, 4 Speed Manual
Thank you, sold via private transaction.
1968 280SL for Sale
- Midnight Blue (904G) w/ Parchment MB Tex interior – Dark Blue Soft Top
- 4 Speed manual transmission
- Odometer: 22,068 (believed to be 122,068)
- ‘Numbers Matching’ engine to MB factory data card
- White steering wheel and shift knob
- American Classic thin white walls (by Coker)
- Original books, manuals and tool kit
This is a very early, January 1968 production 280SL, one of the first 400 280SLs built. As such, there are a number of features that make this a unique 280SL, notice, there are no head rests, as they hadn’t been added to the design yet in January of 1968. This car also lacks the clunky, vertical bumper over-riders that were added to later production 280SLs.
A thick binder full of maintenance and restoration receipts shows that this car has been well cared for and maintained for many years. Over the past few years it has been further sorted and maintained making it an excellent running and driving car to be enjoyed today.